Saturday, August 25, 2012

PFFC 2012!!!!

Hey Everyone,

I was poking around RCGroups.com, and I got invited to submit a video to the Park Flyer Freestyle Contest. The PFFC is a freestyle contest for planes under a 61" wingspan, and all you have to do is take a video of you flying your plane, fit it to music, edit it using 2 or less cuts, and upload it to YouTube or Vimeo and post it on the thread on RCGroups.

So, yesterday I brought out my 48" Extreme Flight Edge 540T EXP with the Motrolfly 2820-680 and Savox servos featured in my "Wind Therapy" video. I haven't flown the plane in months, but I know from experience that normally one of the best flights of the day, for me, is my first flight right as soon as I get the stuff out of the car and the battery strapped in... must be a release from the monotonous half hour drive on the highway to get to the field. So my dad turned on the camera, and as it turned out, that first flight ended up being the flight I use in the video.

I didn't really have a song in mind, and figured I would go home and mix together some production music I have on my computer for the music aspect. However, when I got home and reviewed the video I learned that I wasn't going to need to mix any music, or even use the production music; AC/DC hit the nail on the head with their song, "If You Want Blood, You Got It" and it came out better than I expected.

Here's the video. Keep in mind the contest is open until September 18th, so you still have time if you want to participate. Pilots like Daniel Holman are also competing and have already submitted their videos. Below is also a link to the RCGroups thread if you are interested in joining in the fun.

Enjoy!

PFFC 2012 Forum Link:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1639479

--Tom K.

No comments:

Post a Comment